Sunday, July 10, 2016

Resolutions

First, I was appalled to see that it's been nearly two years since my last post! Shame on me (The trouble with having a blog is not knowing what to write in it. So to anyone reading, I'm open to ideas). But I was also surprised to see that clicks to my blog are approaching 1,000. That's probably the biggest number I've reached in any of my social media author endeavors!

fireworks photo courtesy of Castlelass, via Morguefile.com

I'm writing today because of my latest endeavor, which is to complete Writing Career Coach Teresa LeYung Ryan's Build Your Writer's Platform & Fanbase in 22 Days. Today is Day 4. My task was to declare some writer's resolutions and post them in Coach Teresa's blog, as well as my own. Here they are...

  • First, I resolve not to give up on my writing. Ever.
  • Coming up, I have a book launch, and I resolve to stay positive and enjoy every minute of it and not stress about how many people show up and buy my book (I also resolve to pursue lots of ways to promote the event, which will be for Moonlight Hunting, Book Two of the Cardonian Chronicles, my young adult fantasy series; Thursday, August 25 7-8:30 at the Laurel Book Store in Oakland).
  • I resolve to be a voice for other indie authors by giving honest reviews of their books.
  • I resolve to post 3-4 days a week on my Facebook page, and also in the FB group my cousin created for me.
  • I resolve to begin working on Book Three of the Cardonian Chronicles within the next week.
  • I resolve to keep reading and learning from other authors.

Personal resolutions are so much more fun in the company of others' resolutions. Feel free to post some resolutions of your own and I resolve to be your personal cheerleader. Go team! Go you!

cheerleader photo courtesy of Sgarton via morguefile.com


No comments:

Post a Comment