Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mmmmicro-fleece

My favorite Christmas gift this year was a set of micro-fleece sheets.  In the coldest weeks of winter, I can see my breath in my house, a small price to pay for living in a house that has so much 'character'; but my bedroom is a place I refuse to be cold.

The micro-fleece sheets are soft, but the best part about them is that when I stretch a leg out my foot doesn't get cold.  There are no cold spots, only slightly less warm spots.

My new sheets help me get up in the morning.  My strategy is to bury myself, head and all, beneath the covers until I start to overheat.  Then I can burst out quickly and change into my clothes without feeling hypothermic.

The only downside to my new micro-fleece sheets is that they hold heat so well, when I make my bed I can still feel their warmth, inviting me in.  Soon, I tell my sheets as I smooth them into place.  Soon it will be bedtime again.  I look forward to it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment